After a 7 month labour of love, we officially launched the new McLeod Tours website this week.
Here’s 6 things we’re all feeling proud of:
- It’s easier to book tours! We listened to your feedback, and this was probably the most important improvement of all. You’ll find a mobile friendly format, clearer layout and Rezdy, the integrated booking engine, makes it simple to book a tour online. We’ve always open to suggestions so if you see anything that can be improved please let us know.
- It’s easier to navigate. Whether you’re looking for tours, Mrs Mac’s orange cake recipe or the latest news, it should be easier to find what you’re after. Detailed tour descriptions have been rewritten so they’re easier to read and compare.
- It was a team effort – and you were a great help! We quizzed friends, family and guests and got some brilliant ideas for how to improve the website experience. We really appreciate each and every person who has taken the time to help us along the way – from the initial stages to testing and checking it just before launch – thank you!
- Lincoln’s awesome photos are on display. Originally Lincoln wanted to get into photography so he could take photos of our guests and email them out after the tour, his way of saying thanks for joining him for the day. Now he’s hooked and takes his camera on every adventure, whether he’s off to the beach, on tour, kayaking or exploring on foot. The last website had a mish-mash of older snaps, but the new site features a large percentage of Lincoln’s work. Lincoln also posts plenty of photos and videos on our Facebook and Instagram accounts so you can see what we’ve been up to on tour and around town.
- We get to show off the excellent work of our friends. Tom Watts developed the website, Claire McLeod designed the look and feel as well as our new(ish) logo, and Lizzy Pepper was our SEO copywriter. If you’re looking for creative people, we’d happily recommend them for their service and attention to detail.
- Your reviews are featured in the tour descriptions. So much of our business is from word of mouth recommendations, including Tripadvisor reviews. As I write this, we have 536 glowing reviews, which brings a tear to my eye as so many lovely people have enjoyed the tour enough to take the time to write. With this in mind, we’re featuring reviews on each tour description page. Thank you if you’re one of the 536 people who’ve reviewed us – it’s very kind of you!
In addition, the new site is mobile-friendly, has more detailed tour descriptions plus links to some of our favourite wineries, breweries, attractions and places to stay. We’d love to know what you think, and any areas you’d like us to keep working on.
Finally, we’re really thrilled to have the website up and running just before Christmas, so that we can concentrate on what we love best – looking after our marvellous guests on tour this summer.
Welcome to our new website – we hope you love it too.
Neil, Coralie, Lincoln and Jon