G’day! It was great to meet you at ATE – and we really look forward to working with you.
This is us, the McLeod Tours team. FACET Golden Guide winner Neil McLeod, our son Lincoln, and the brilliant Jon guide the tours. Kumi and Coralie manage our bookings and logistics.
Together we share the best of Margaret River in our 3 Day Escape tours from Perth, Full Day Wine Tours and Private Charters. We go behind the scenes at wineries, marvel at our famous sunsets, crystal caves, pristine beaches and kangaroos, and most importantly, make sure guests have a fantastic time.
Read more about the tours below, and please contact us if you have any queries.
3 Day Escape
McLeod Tours – Margaret River Three Day Escape Package – Valid from 1 April 2019 – 31 March 2020
McLeod’s Tours team of experienced tour guides will keep you entertained with their local knowledgeand informative commentary. Our varied and unique tour has so much to offer – the stunning scenery, Margaret River’s fabulous local produce and fine wines you will be sure to experience a memorable time.
6.45 – 7.20 am pick up from your city hotel in Perth or from the Wellington Street coach stand located near the Perth Train Station. Pickup from hotels in Fremantle approx. 6 – 6.15am.
- Informative and interesting commentary.
- Scenic drive through the coastal city of Mandurah, stopping for a coffee break at one of the cafes on the foreshore (Morning tea at own expense).
- Entry into the Bunbury Featured Wood Gallery & Museum.
- Enjoy lunch in Busselton.
- After lunch take a stroll on the famous Busselton Jetty.
- Time to explore the town of Margaret River.
- See mobs of Kangaroo’s in their natural habitat.
- Stunning coastal scenery -seethe action at Surfers Point where the world’s best Surfers come to compete and see where the Margaret River meets the Indian ocean.
- Book into your 4 Star accommodation. Evening Meal at own expense
8.15am pick up for breakfast before starting the full day “EAT + DRINK + EXPLORE – Winery & Brewery Tour”. Returns approx 5.00pm. Experience everything Margaret River has to offer on this complete tour.
- Breakfast at the White Elephant Café.
- Premium wine tastings at some of Margaret Rivers exceptional wineries and cellar doors.
- Informative commentary throughout the day.
- Visit Yahava Koffee Works and indulge in delicious tastings while you learn from the experts how to make the perfect cup of coffee.
- Lunch at Black Brewing Co with complimentary glass of beer, wine or bubbles.
- Sample local produce at Olio Bello with their award winning extra virgin olive oil, the Margaret River Cheese Company and everyone’s favourite the Margaret River Chocolate Company.
- Drop off at your accommodation, evening meal at own expense.
Please be packed and ready for pickup, tour must depart on time.
7.10 – 7.20am pick up from accommodation – After breakfast at the White Elephant set off to explore the regions stunning scenery and fantastic natural and cultural attractions.
- Prevelly and the fascinating wartime connection with Crete and Prevelly’s charming Greek memorial chapel.
- Mammoth Cave tour.
- Scenic drive through the majestic Boranup Forest.
- Visit Boranup Gallery to see the beautiful and creative wood designs and furniture. Tea or coffee can be purchased from the Boranup Gallery Cafe (at own expense).
- Hamelin Bay where a family of stingray’s feed along the shoreline.
- Pass through Augusta with views of the Blackwood River.
- Arrive at Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse where the Southern Ocean meets the Indian Ocean. Take a guided tour of the Leeuwin Lighthouse, the tallest lighthouse on mainland Australia.
- Lunch with tea or coffee at the Deckchair Cafe in Augusta.
- After lunch depart for your transfer back to the city.
- Drop off at hotel in Perth.
Tour Departs Sundays or Wednesdays – Returns Tuesdays or Fridays respectively.
Tour Price: from$999 / person Double or Twin Share accommodation (based on 2 adults sharing a studio apartment)
Costs for a single person booking: from$1,195
- Three days of touring, including a full day Winery & Brewery Tour.
- 2 night’s accommodation Studio Apartment: double or twin-share at Margarets Beach Resort (one by the sea) or Margarets Forest (the heart of town) both 4 Stars!
- Breakfasts for 2 days + lunches for 3 days on tour
- Kangaroo experience on the McLeod family farm
- Entry to Bunbury Featured Wood Gallery & Museum
- Entry fee onto the Busselton Jetty
- Mammoth Cave Tour
- Entry into the grounds and tour of Leeuwin Lighthouse
- Wildflowers in season (August – October)
EAT + DRINK + EXPLORE
McLeod Tours – Eat + Drink + Explore Full Day Winery & Brewery Tour
Pick up Between 9.10am – 9.25am
Return approx 5.00pm
Experience the very best of Margaret River on this complete tour. For a great value Margaret River Wine Tour experiencing the regions amazing food, wine and culture, look no further than our Eat + Drink + Explore Tour. We’ll pick you up, show you the best of Margaret River, and give you time to relax and enjoy your favourite producers. Throughout the day we enjoy wine tastings at Margaret River’s finest cellar doors, including some smaller, family-run boutique wineries where cellar door staff will guide you through their superb wines. Lunch is included at a local brewery, included with lunch a glass of beer or wine. So much more than a wine tour, join us for a day to remember and experience some of the hidden treasures of our beautiful region.
We pick-up from your accommodation in Margaret River, Prevelly, Gnarabup, or within a 10km radius of the town centre.
|· Wine tasting at Award-winning Wineries.
· Local Brewery for lunch – included with lunch a complimentary glass of beer or wine.
· chocolate tasting.
· cheese tasting.
· olive oil tasting.
· Behind the scenes access to winery.
· Yahava Koffee Works tasting.
· Free pickups from accommodation located within of 10kms of the Margaret River town centre.
Private Full Day Wine Tour including lunch at Vasse Felix
A private tour is the ultimate way to experience all that Margaret River has to offer.
Pickup/Drop off: Accommodation in the Margaret River Region
For a whole snapshot of the region we would recommend including wine tasting at 3 of Margaret Rivers premium wineries with one of them being Vasse Felix. A visit to some of our local artisan producers for tastings of cheese, chocolate and delicious Olive Oils and condiments. We will also include a stop in at a local boutique brewery for a tasting paddle of some amazing craft beer finishing the day taking in the stunning coastal scenery before being delivered back to their accommodation.
Included in the tour is a three-course lunch at iconic Vasse Felix Winery being Margaret River’s founding wine Estate. Vasse Felix was established in 1967 and its cellar door, restaurant and art gallery take in sweeping views of the Margaret River’s pristine landscape and the region’s oldest vines. The three-course lunch is selected from the a la carte menu and accompanied by two glasses of wine with the meal. Tea and coffee are also included.
Net Costs: $450 / person – for a minimum of two people booking.